I purchased a 1999 Chevrolet S-10 pickup new and paid it off in 2004.I guess I figured that I would not part with it I did not get or misplaced my original release of lein.

I now want to sell the truck but before listing it I took my title down to the secretary of state office to get a cleared title however they told me that I would have to get a release of lein from GMAC before a new title could be issued or transfered.

So I called GMAC the first time and talked with a gentlemen that spoke very broken english at best and explained my situation and he said that my inof was not in the system and asked for my vin and if I wanted it faxed or mailed I said please fax it. He informed me that it would take up to 48 hrs. form that time it never came I called again and got someone that spoke even worse english and would give no info about themselves or let me speak with a supervisor and gave me the same speil about the 48 hrs.

that was 6 weeks ago. I called again today they have no record of my previous calls or request. If anyone has had simular experiences with them but has reached a positive outcome please post here how you did.

I do have my bank records of all my pmts.However the dmv said it only shows I made payments but does not prove the debt payed in full as late pmts and so forth would not be known in the orignial contract.

Had an Experience with Gmac?

Comments

Sha Tin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #76877

Same problem with my GMC truck. the buyer was unable to receive the title until lien release by DMV. It was paid off a long time ago.