I was in an accident about 2 months ago. The damages to the cab of my truck were so extensive...it had to be changed out. because of this...the VIN needs to be changed. The state I am in has sent a letter; i have faxed this letter three times...asking for GMAC to send the title on file to my state so that the state can assign it a new VIN and create the new title, and send it back to GMAC.

I was originally told that the title was mailed out on the 17th of this month. They lied! And now i am being told that they will not release it because the VIN on my contract needs to be changed first. Again, i explained to them that the state will be the one's to assign the NEW VIN and create the new title. It's been almost 3 weeks since the repairs have been done on my truck. And it is because of the GMAC title department that i am not able to legally drive my truck.

I finally got a hold of someone at the executive level. And supposedly they are going to call me back in a couple of hours to let me know if the title is going to be sent out. If i don't hear the answer i am needing to hear then...i'll be posting another comment. And it won't be anywhere as nice as this one.

Comments