GMAC - 10 Yrs on Credit Report for $158 bill that I paid

Boise, Idaho 0 comments

Stay away from GMAC. I paid 36 on-time lease payments.

After I turned in my vehicle with (brand new tires - since I used my own 22 inch ones, floor mats, custom running boards, 3K miles under lease miles), with extras, I was notified that I owed $158 for a chip in the windshield. I called their CS line and got Dennis, who told me he thought it could get waived. 60 days later I get a letter telling me that I owed the $158 or I would go to collections. I called Dennis 3 times and left messages with no response.

I finally just paid the bill. ...........Now I find out that GMAC reported that my vehicle loan was a Charge-Off. WTF was charged off??? I paid everything and then some..

No one at GMAC will listen to me or resolve the issue. GET THIS, 10 years of a REPO looking item on my credit report.

Never again will I own a GM or ever finance through GMAC. TWITTER ANYONE???

Review about: Lease Payments.

GMAC - Gmca!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida 0 comments

we paid my 2006 TRAIL BLAZER off in 2011 .The payments were automatically taken out of my checking account each month .AND UNTIL NOW THEY STILL TAKING PAYMENTS AUTOMATICALLY. I don't remember getting any paper work saying it was paid off but I knew it was and the payments were done .i want a title issue and payment reimbursed.i am currently looking for advise,i will suit them!

It was my first time buying a new SUV and first time with a loan so I was unaware that they did this . I WILL NEVER BUY OR/AND RECOMENDENTED ANY ONE TO BUY FROM GMAC..

Review about: Extra Payment.

GMAC - 2008 Impala is a lemon

Atlanta, Georgia 1 comment

My daughter-in-law has a 2008 Impala, she bought it new from the dealership in our small town. Well she started having problems with the steering wheel locking up when it rained or she went thru some water on the side of the road.

Dealership said this was normal and would not fix it. She has complained time and time again about it to no avail. Locking up of the steering wheel is a flaw in the car and could cause a bad accident.

Can someone tell us what to do about it. I too have a 2007 Impala and I have never had this problem with mine so I know this is not normal for a car to do this.

Review about: Chevy Impala.

Comments

@ Impala is a lemon, you gotta take that to a mechanic and have a look over.. that is really dangerous when u loose steering..

then sue the dealership ..

it dont cost much.. go thru your local city hall and file a small claims lawsuit (no lawyers needed), jsut so the dealer stop BS-ing around with you..

GMAC/ALLY

Charlotte, North Carolina 0 comments

WARNING - DO NOT LEASE A CAR FROM GMAC/ALLY they hold their customers hostage. We leased a Cadillac SRX in 2010 and two years later decided to trade it in for a new vehicle.

In the process of trading it in, we found out that GMAC/ALLY penalizes you for early termination (Dealer did not point this out). We had paid the principal down to about $25,500 and when we went to trade it in, GMAC/ALLY quoted a trade-in amount of $32,000. If we purchase it, then we can have it for $28,000. Their excuse is that they sell them to the dealer for market value because they don't have a contract with the dealer.

I've leased a lot of cars and have never had an issue with trading a car in.

I guess we are now stuck for another year. Oh by the way, their solution to the trade in problem is for me to buy the car, pay the taxes and title fees, and then trade it in.

Review about: Cadillac.

GMAC auto loan paid off 2006 but still has lein

Trenton, Michigan 11 comments

I paid my 2002 Chevy Suburban off in 2006 .The payments were automatically taken out of my checking account each month . I don't remmeber getting any paper work saying it was paid off but I knew it was and the payments were done .

I went to the Sec of State today to transfer the title to my son and they said it wasn't shown paid off because GMAC still had a lien on it .

I don't know where to go from here . I have no numbers that I know to call .

I bought it in Dearborn Mich from Les Sanford Chevrolet . I guess I will call them next but meantime I am so ticked that GMAC did this...or didn't do what they were suppose to do .

I paid it off 6 years ago so they had plenty of time to issue something . I am just so ticked that I never knew this as well .

It was my first time buying a new SUV and first time with a loan so I was unaware that they did this . I have had the title all this time .

Review about: Chevy Suburban.

Comments

Paid off my car in 2010 and lien is still on...never received title...now seems not in system!

Call 1-800-200-4622.

Who did u end up talking with? Have the same situation same make yr etc? Do u have a No.?

Well my mom passed went to take get title since we could not find. Found out gmac has a lein on car!!

So number 15 we are. Where do we go from here?

Any body know?? Mom paid her bills.

Hello

Not sure if you got this resolved. You have your title as this is normal in your state, the title shows gmac as lien holder.

you need to call them for a lien release.

call 800-200-4622. once you have the lien release you can take this to the state and apply for a new title.

to no name needed Tucson, Arizona, United States #620006

03/2013 I called the phone number now ALLY I got it taken care of with 5 minutes

to no name needed Waianae, Hawaii, United States #718060

I did this and they faxes me over the lien release, I went to the DMV handed them over the paper and they told me the title is still showing GMAC as the lien holder. Therefore The Fax is not valid and I need an Original, and a request to release by GMAC.

Are you Kidding me. This is MY car, they had no right to keep it in their name for 5 years after it was paid off. Is This is a scam so if you die they get your property, and no way to release it from their custody. They tell me they do not have record of my title since my case is closed.

I spoke to an attorney and they said I assure you if it is in GMAC's name they consider it still their property and they have access to it and can correct it online.

They are simply lying.

to no name needed #959854

Thanks for this information. I called the number above 1-800-200-4622, now Ally.

They were so nice and she took care of me in just a few minutes. I didn't have the old account number, but gave her the VIN# and she was able to look it up. She is mailing the lien release to us so we can apply for a lost title.

Thanks to "no name needed" above to this phone number. Was so helpful!

to lost title in Texas #998954

I have called 4 times over 4 days and still they have not faxed the lien release. At 1 point, I was on the phone over an hour!!!!

I don't know how to get action from Ally. They are terrible regarding customer service and keep saying my letter is in the que.

to no name needed #1236588

ok, done deal, quick and easy to resolve

to no name needed Riverside, California, United States #1311335

Thank you for information. I called and they mailed a letter for the DMV within a week.

View more comments

GMAC - Interest Rate

Bloomington, Illinois 2 comments

We took a second mortgage out with this company over 10 years ago with a heaping interest rate of 12.5 which is highway robbery in this time of low interest rates. So we thought they would consider giving a lower interest rate since we have never had a late payment and have a good credit rating.

Our finance company on the first mortgage lowered our rate to 4.75. This company would not lower our rate at all. They are not interested in their customers and make that very clear when you speak with them. We will be refinancing but not with them.

Further more I will never finance anything with this company again.

It is a shame as I can remember when GMAC was a good company. In my opinion, now they are just a rip off!!!

Review about: Mortgage Interest Rate.

Comments

We purchased a 2000 Chevrolet brand new and had it financed through GMAC. This car has been paid in full since 2006 and they have now said that we owe them for place insurance!!!

We were never without insurance and have sent them proof to no avail so now we are considering an attorney. One man told us they wont give us our title until they get 2000 dollars from us which they wont ever seeing how we paid triple what the car was worth. I called time after time and they refuse to release the title saying we owe.

They have ruined our credit as well.Car buyers beware and DO NOT finance through these people. They are ripoffs bigtime.

to Patricia Jennewein #1119900

Same thing happened to me on a 2005 checy suburban. I received the title in the mail but now they say that they settled for less than what was out.

GMAC - Specialized Loan Servicing added fees to my loan

Atlanta, Georgia 2 comments

My original loan was with GMAC mortgage. I had it for 10 years.

Then in January 2012 it was transferred to Specialized Loan Servicing. Immediately I noticed that they added 100.00 in fees to my mortgage. I have asked them many times by email why is it there. I keep getting referred to the customer service department.

That would be fine if anyone in customer service could actually help me.

They cannot and have not been able to tell me. I don't know how a company can just add a fee to a mortgage - how can they change the terms

Review about: Additional Fees.

Comments

I owed Gmac an overage of 11000.00 dllrs paid them and they stoped receiving my checka I had to wire the mone at a aded expence. I am refinancing to a 4.1 with another company and hope to never do business with them again. Good ridince

Did a Home MOD about 3 years ago, GMAC, they lowered the interest pretty good at 5 year increments to raise it slowly. OK, cool! What they did not tell me or I missed it, They added to my principal about $4,000 to bring me back to what I owed a couple years earlier?

GMAC - Loan modification

Kansas City, Kansas 0 comments

.i did loan mods on three rentals one in prairie village ks,One in overland park Ks,one in mission Ks,I made payments via western union cost me 12.50 every timeI did this on all three houses for one year on all three house 1400.00 one house 1050.00 one house 980.00prI was told if I made 3 months worth of payments they would remodifie my properties. I sold all my resourses one including my 1966 corvette that i had for 15 years not to mention i had these houses for 11 yrs and fixed them all up to rent out for my future.They kept making me do this plan every three months I never misses a payment.I dont know why these idiots would send back my last payment and forclose know wonder the housing industry is so screwed up GMAC will pay.I lost all respect for these people what the *** is wrong with you. You lie cheat and steal I did what you said to do you even sent a person to my house and I filled out paper work then you cant find it.Nice going you just ruined my life.And appaerntly all kinds of others get out of the mortgage business I hope it was worth what you did to me and others.

Review about: Loan Modification.

GMAC - Title issue

Chicago, Illinois 1 comment

In 2007 I paid off my Saturn Ion. To get the correct payout amount, I called GMAC and got the automated service, which gave me the option of payout amount.

I had a check issued in that amount and paid for the car in full. Several weeks later I received the title. Two years later, I received a letter stating that I owe one more car payment, which clearly was not the case since I was issued the title. I called, and the woman I spoke to, a manager, said that indeed did not make any sense and she would get to the bottom of it.

I never heard back, and assumed it was taken care of. Almost a year later I received another letter, went to the Saturn dealership and spoke to the business manager. He agreed it made no sense and said he would look into it. Now, I'm ready to trade my car in, and there is a lein on the title from GMAC.

This is ridiculous. I'm going to end up paying a payment for a car which has already been paid in full!!!!

I'm so incredibly angry.

Review about: Extra Payment.

Comments

My wife passed away. I need to remove her name from the title. You are hold the lein

What gmac doesnt want you to know

Fort Lauderdale, Florida 3 comments

GMAC / ALLY/ZC STERLING/BALBOA SUBSERVICING YOUR LOAN ,and you dont know it, their dirty little secret KEY WEST , Florida

*UPDATE by author: transcript of phone message

Print this Report Email this Report

Author

Consumer

Employee/Owner Rebuttal Box | Respond!

Respond to this report!

What's this?

Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or positive information about the company or individual, or can you provide "insider information" on this company?

Also a victim?

What's this?

Are you also a victim of the same company or individual? Want Justice? File a Rip-off Report, help other consumers to be educated and don't let them get away with it!

Arbitrate

Set The Record Straight!

Repair Your Reputation

...the right way!

Corporate Advocacy Program If you have a mortgage with any bank please be aware that you are being out sourced to other companies, if you have an escrow account, it is being sub serviced by others and its not in your mortgae or your disclosure statement.

Back in 2000 i transfered my loan to GMAC, never had a problem. Then in 2003-04 i got calls from my insurance agent , that my homeowners polocy was due and if they didnt pay it it would be cancelled, well it was not paid. At the time there was 1447.00 in the account. I started calling gmac and complaining but ws told not to worry it would be paid.

It is now several weeks later and they were not going to reinstate my insurance which ment i had to find a new policy. My old policy was $482.00pryr the new one was now $1268.00 which would mean my mortgage payment would go up too.GMAC then took my payments an put them in to miss fees and other charges which made it look like i was behind, they also tried to put forecplaced insurance on me how ever there was already a policy , they also paid my flood insurance late but it was reinstated.

I sued them and this resulted in a five yr court battle and ended up with me spending a lot of money only to have the courts dismiss the whole mess in 2008.

It is now 2010 and i started digging for anwsers, i found out that my account was being serviced by Z C Sterling an insurance company that monitors loans for GMAC, in 2003-04 they transfered my account to Balboa another insurance monitoring company, when i called asking questions i got the anwser . I spoke to a SHANNON GRIZZLE at Balboa she left a message on my cell, in that message she states, WHEN THE FILES WERE TRANSFERED OVER THERE WAS A GROUP OF THEM THAT WE DIDNT HAVE THE INFORMATION ON SO WE NEVER KNEW TO PAY THEM. "OMG PEOPLE" SHE THEN BLAMES THE OTHER COMPANY ZC STERLING FOR THE MIXUP. I have this on a recorded message.

What this means is that there were and are many of homeowners out there that this may have happen to and they may have lost their homes because of their mistake. Please check your loan docs and see if it mentions that they are sub servicing your loans , call them and ask them whom is the subservicer, if you are haveing problems like in foreclosure and you find out that you are being subserviced and no one notified you this may help you win your case, its violating the rules of HUD

Review about: Mortgage.

Comments

advocatehelp4u

at this time i have 15 people that gmac did the same thing to, some have sent me their files, i told one woman to call gmac and ask who they really were ,she was told QBE Balboa? she then asked for copies of her files and she was told humm they didnt have any going back past 2007, gmac and balboa have been eraseing files people to cover their butts.

advocatehelp4u

If you are haveing problems with your accounts GMAC has outsourced them to balboa ,they are monitoring your account to see if you screw up and then they foreclose on you,etc this company is called a sub server and if they are not disclosed in your mortgage contract then thay have breached your contract and you can sue them big time, you must read the contract very carefully to make sure , the phone number for balboas office of the presadent is there call them and ask if they are servicing your loan, and please peopl write down who you speak to or record the message so you have proof

TRANSCRIPT FOR VOICE MESSAGE ON CELL PHONE

FIRST MESSAGE (message was left sometime around sept2008 to oct 2008)

HELLO THIS IS SHANNON GRIZZLE CALLING FROM BALBOA INSURANCE. I JUST WANTED TO TOUCH BASE WITH YOU AND LET YOU KNOW I SPOKE TO ROBERT JOHNSON REGUARDING THE DOCUMENTATION YOU SENT. HE PUT ME IN CONTACT WITH , WHAT I BELIVE IS THE CORRECT AREA, I UM FORWARED OVER ALL THE DOCUMENTATION OVER TO A GENTELMAN OVER IN UM THE DEPT THAT ROBERT POINTED ME TO AND THIS GENTELMAN TO HE TOLD ME HE SHOULD HAVE SOME SORT OF INFORMATION FOR ME TO PROVIDE YOU BY TOMMOROW AFTERNOON, SO WE ARE DIFFENTALY WORKING ON IT AND SO WE SHOULD HAVE SOMETHING TO GIVE YOU BY TOMMOROW, UMM I WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH YOU IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME A CALL YOU HAVE MY NUMBER SO I UM WILL SPEAK TO YOU TOMMOROW AFTERNOON THANK YOU SO MUCH BYE BYE.

SECOND MESSAGE

HI MR MULCAHY, THIS IS SHANNON GRIZZLE CALLING FROM BALBOA IINSURANCE, I JUST WANTED TO TOUCH BASE WITH YOU AND LET YOU KNOW I DID HEAR BACK FROM THE UMM AREA THAT WAS ARCHIVING THE INFORMATION FOR ME, THEY HAVE THE INFORMATION IN THE ARCHIVES AND THEY TOLD ME THE ISSUE ACTUALLY IS UMM WITH THE PRYER SERVICER, AH IT , WAS A INSURANCE COMPANY NAMED ZC STERLING, UMM I GUESS THATS WERE THE REAL ISSUE UMM ( LOTS OF HESATATION HERE ) WHEN WE TOOK OVER THE HANDLEING OF GMAC THEIR UMM AND INSURANCE OR FORCED PLACE INSURANCE COVERAGE UMM UMM , I GUESS WE WERE SUPPOSED TO RECEIVE INFORMATION ON POLICYS THAT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO PAY AND THINGS OF THAT NATURE, UMM THERE WAS A UMM GROUP OF POLICIES THAT WE DID NOT HAVE THAT INFORMATION, UMM IM SORRY LET ME START OVER WITH THAT , I UMM GUESS ITS JUST AN ISSUE WITH ZC STERLING, UMM I HAVE SPOKEN TO ROBERT ABOUT IT, I SHOWED HIM ALL THE INFORMATION I RECEIVED, ALL I CAN REALLY SAY IS WE NEVER HAD A LENDER PLACED POLICY FOR YOU UMM IN PLACE WITH BALBOA,THAT WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF BY ZC STERLING ROB HAS TOLD ME AND SO HAS THE DEPT ARCHIVING THE INFORMATION FOR ME THAT IT WAS UMM ,THAT THE REAL ISSUE IS WITH THE COMPANY BEFORE US, UMM THATS REALLY THE LONG AND SHORT OF IT, IT WAS ZC STERLING. WE DONT HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON IT, THAT WOULD HELP YOU WITH THIS UMM , OTHER THAN WE DIDN,T HAVE A LENDER PLACE POLICY IN PLACE FOR YOU AND THAT WAS DUE TO AN ERROR ZC STERLINGS SIDE BEFORE WE ACTUALLY TOOK OVER THE SERVICING OF THESES POLICIES UMM THESE LOANS UMM GOSH IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS GO AHEAD AND GIVE ME A CALL WE CAN GO OVER IT AGAIN GO AHEAD AND FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME A CALL WE CAN GO OVER IT AGAIN UMM WE CAN GET YOU A CONTACT NUMBER FOR THEM OR AT LEAST POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION BUT THE DOCUMENTATION THAT WE HAVE HERE IS DIFFENANTLY NOT GOING TO HELP IT BASICLY TELLS YOU THAT THERE WAS AN ERROR ON THEIR SIDE SO THERE WAS NEVER A LENDER POLICY IN FORCE UMM ANY WAY MY NUMBER IS 800 854 6115 EXT 7304 BYE BYE