Wrongful Repossession by GMAC/Ally
My son financed a car through GMAC/Ally about 7 months ago and I co-signed for him.On December 12, 2010 a drunk driver hit him and totaled the vehicle.
The car was towed to a storage facility and they notified Ally that it was on their premises, we had State Farm requesting the vehicle be towed to a repair shop for visual inspection but when I called the storage yard I was informed that Ally had picked the car. This was done without notification to myself or State Farm. The loan was paid on time and never paid late. Because Ally picked up the car, they listed it as a repo on our credit report.
Ally refuses to accept the pay off check from State Farm and each day the interest charges increase. It took over a month for Ally to give State Farm the payoff which only increased it as each day storage fees were being added. Im at a loss as to how this situation can be resolved without an attorney because I get no help from any Ally who states the repo will not be removed and the payment will not be accepted.
I have been turned down for loans because of this and in April 2011 the balloon payment is due to be refinanced on my home.I could lose my home over this!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "my truck is at parker cadilliac for warranty service,they said it would take 3 days to fix.they call 1/9/09 and said someone jump the fence brought their own blocks and..."
- "I have a vehicle finance with CNAC, I have been intimidated by the recent collection activity, whereas the Collection Manager Shondell Gaudette has use text messaging from her personal cell..."
- "I have been lied to ripped off and threatened by Capital One Auto Finance then my Car got wrecked. This is AFTER I gave them $33,000.00!! I purchased..."
- "I bought a pair of the Skechers On-the-GO Arrow Flip Flops on March 30, 2015 at Shoe Station in Baton Rouge,La. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that they..."
- "The guy in this truck was upset at the car in front of me, yelling and cursing all out the window, then I pull up next to him, he curse..."
- "I was at the shop till you drop at the convention center in the greater shreveport/bossier city la. I cam across a booth for make up and creams as a..."
- "I recently ordered a very reasonably-priced 32 oz. bottle of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar with free 2-day shipping (purchased on Feb 2, 2016). I used an AMEX gift card and..."
- "Gearbest. Its Chunese new year, so, before uve even mentioned my issue its unlikely to get any attention regardless. Received a Lenovo k80m smartphone with preinstalled trojans and malware which..."
- "Do not order from them!!! The picture of the nice arrangement of flowers is what I ordered. The other flowers that look like they were pulled from the..."