Wrongful Repossession by GMAC/Ally
My son financed a car through GMAC/Ally about 7 months ago and I co-signed for him.On December 12, 2010 a drunk driver hit him and totaled the vehicle.
The car was towed to a storage facility and they notified Ally that it was on their premises, we had State Farm requesting the vehicle be towed to a repair shop for visual inspection but when I called the storage yard I was informed that Ally had picked the car. This was done without notification to myself or State Farm. The loan was paid on time and never paid late. Because Ally picked up the car, they listed it as a repo on our credit report.
Ally refuses to accept the pay off check from State Farm and each day the interest charges increase. It took over a month for Ally to give State Farm the payoff which only increased it as each day storage fees were being added. Im at a loss as to how this situation can be resolved without an attorney because I get no help from any Ally who states the repo will not be removed and the payment will not be accepted.
I have been turned down for loans because of this and in April 2011 the balloon payment is due to be refinanced on my home.I could lose my home over this!1067dddc review #222545
You may also like
- "Received two voicemails from a CPS employee regarding my boyfriend's mother. I have no idea how the company obtained my phone number. She was adamant in her message that I..."
- "At lease turn in they sent a bill for several hundred dollars in items that per their website were clearly normal wear and tear. We kept the vehicle in exceptional..."
- "I have been lied to ripped off and threatened by Capital One Auto Finance then my Car got wrecked. This is AFTER I gave them $33,000.00!! I purchased..."
- "EXTREME WARNING!!! This evil, hideous vet named Mark Nunez has done something bad to our pet behind the doors to make him sick (either gave him some improper medication or..."
- "I paid for same day... It was guaranteed to be delivered before noon... Was delivered (confirmation from recipient, not your company... 4 hours late of the time that was guaranteed...."
- "Bought a so-called complete motor. After 3wks it finally shipped. Said it was being "tested". Received a block of metal, nowhere near complete. Had a broken off intake manifold, cracked..."
- "I ordered a watch from this company and never received it. Can someone help me find them? I worked patiently with them until, one day I went to the site..."
- "Servpro in Durango, Colorado;;a franchise owned by a very vocal, obnoxious, and greedy man. This company serves as a bad example for Servpro, by knowingly allowing its subcontractors to perform..."
- "In the app it had a special deal 12 months for $4.99/month. I did it and paid the $64.79 for the year... well needless to say I got charged but..."